Taking Care Of Nature
Packaging almost always ends up in landfill and/or causing issues for wildlife and our environment. I have sourced Biodegradable, Degradable, Compostable and Recyclable items to pack your orders safely ensuring safe delivery and to support my conscious effort to reduce my impact on nature as much as possible.
- Bubblewrap: Green: Biodegradable or Degradable depending on supply availability.
- Biotuff shopping bags: Compostable & Biodegradable
- Polyfoam wrap: Recyclable
- Packing Peanuts (void fill): Biodegradable
- Tissue Paper: Recyclable
- Boxes: Recyclable
There are a few items that I have not yet found an earth friendly alternative for, so if you know of something I could be using as substitutes for the items below then please.. LET ME KNOW!
- Packing Tape
- Clear Cellophane Bags (protective covers for books)
- Sticker Labels.. "fragile" "heavy" and other parcel postage labels
Sometimes I give extra life to good quality and clean packaging items that have come in parcels that I have received from suppliers.. specifically polystyrene and clear bubble wrap. Polystyrene also known as EPS or Expanded Polystyrene which is recyclable but unfortunately its not an easy process. EPS can't go in your council recycling bin and there are no rural collection plants anywhere near me.. BUT it can be easily reused and kept out of landfill!
I encourage you to reuse your packaging or if you have no need for it please dispose of accordingly.